Thursday, August 25, 2005

More on Katrina

So now it's a hurricane.

If you’re reading this and you’re not in South Florida, here’s something you might like to know: Hurricanes – specifically the build up until the storm hits – are incredibly boring. I’m sitting at home waiting for the electricity to go out. The fridge and freezer are on the coldest setting and there’s plenty of water (and beer) in the fridge. So I’m just studying. Well, I’m trying to study. I got a ton of work done last year during the 5-day hurricane weekend. It’s hard to concentrate. You can’t go anywhere because, everything’s closed and where would you go? I know some bars are open but that doesn't interest me...

And watching too much of those helmet-heads on TV blabbing about the storm is not good for your mental stability…

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I'm ready for my first one, but we haven't had anything in North Carolina yet. Granted, I don't want The Big One to come roaring through...maybe a nice gentle hurricane? Enough to get one day off work?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home