Sunday, October 30, 2005

no thanks

No thanks, I don't want that extra hour of darkness. An extra hour to sit around in a dark house and wait until bedtime. At least now I can stay at school until it's almost time to go home and go right to sleep. That's really the kind of lifestyle I want to lead anyway, right?

For the love of God can I pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease have my power back? (A guy I know told me I should just call FPL and beg them; he said it worked for him...)

One of the many annoying things about this extended outage is driving home at night through the surrounding neighborhood. Four blocks from home it almost looks normal--a few street lights out here, a couple dark stores in the strip mall -- so you assume power is on everywhere. Then you get closer to home and just looking in the general direction it's pitch black. No, must be clouds, you think. Why clouds? Never mind. Surely my power is back on. Of course it is, right? Turn the corner into the neighborhood, and see it's all dark. No but I live around the corner and the transformer that controls my home has only 42 homes attached to it, so mine might still be on. Turn left. Turn right. Still dark. Fuck. Shit. Crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home