Sunday, October 09, 2005

state of the blogs

I never thought I would become just like everyone else, but apparently I have discovered that although being a 2L is better than being a 1L, life as a 2L is just a lot less interesting. Also, now that I’ve decided to go anonymous and blog less about my own personal life I just don’t have that much to say.

I’m wondering if there are any other 1L bloggers out there besides Klio and her blog is an entertaining read.

Being a 1L is just so much more interesting than being a 2L or 3L. I like to think that last year my blog was much better than it is now. Something about the way your first year of law school transforms your entire existence lends itself to blogging.

So if you don’t want to blog about what you had for dinner or the jackass who cut you off in traffic or how Evidence is by far the hardest class you've taken and every day you expect it to get easier but it doesn't and you want to restrict the number of times you complain about the third world parking conditions and bathrooms on campus, well, there just isn’t much to say on a consistent basis. But i'm not quitting. Not yet, anyway.

The other 2L and 3L bloggers are apparently dead (not dead—I’ve seen these people around but the blogs are dead)

There's tortious interference, who hasn't blogged in over a month. And this guy, Barsk, who hasn't blogged in so long his blog is just a blank page. Bricklayer used to chime in with entertaining posts every now and then but he's been missing in action since mid-summer.

The professor is still blogging like his life depended on itbut he mostly blogs about politics, that he's not a big fan of torture, and his involvement in shaping policies governing the Internet.

Even Lawfool has not blogged in more than two months. If only Lawfool knew how many people ask me what happened to that big old lug and where he is now, surely he’d see fit to update us on his life.

3 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger JB said...

Here's a little shameless self-promotion--I have a blog, am a 3L, and can attest to the fact that, as a 3L, I have very little to say. Especially about law school. As a matter of fact, I try to spend as little time there as possible. I do occasionally comment on the state of the bathrooms, though.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Christa said...

it is not just in the law school blogs. only about one of my friends regularly posts anymore. and my readership has dulled to a cool 91 hits per day -- way down from summer when i was clearing 120 some days. i just keep typing away to no one. if you have a blog and no one reads it, do you really have a blog? that is what i ask myself.

maybe blogs are out.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I am stressed out...T.I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home