Sunday, October 23, 2005

why?

Why did I just receive an e-mail that they're cancelling school on Tuesday? This makes no sense. For better or for worst, the storm will be gone by tomorrow mid afternoon. Why did they need to make this decision now?

I think Shalala is gun shy after blowing it for Katrina when some poor students were in class until 6 p.m. as the storm was battering Coral Gables. Heck, why not cancel classes for the rest of the week?

But cancelling Tuesday's classes now, when we all know for sure that we'll know what Wilma has brought by tomorrow afternoon is absurd. Don't tell me faculty and staff need more than 12 hours notice to know whether they're coming to work on Tuesday.

(Yeah, I know, I'm a nerd...I don't want classes cancelled because I know we'll have to make them up eventually. We've had too many cancellations this semester. I'm thinking they'll make us come in on weekends--or Friday afternoons at worst. That's no fun.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home