Wednesday, October 26, 2005

wilma's aftermath

Hey, what did people do all day and night before electricity? Talk to one another? I want my power back. Please? I get jealous when I hear of friends who have power and I know of at least one apartment complex that a lot of law students live in that has power back already. Argh.

I think the only lingering problem is lack of power, especially because only a handful of gas stations are open and those have lines lasting hours. Soon no one will be able to get anywhere at least until all gas stations are back online. It’s strange because there’s no shortage of gas but pumps operate on electricity and there is none. I guess it’s too expensive for gas stations to buy generators? I don’t know much about these things. I guess for the next hurricane I’ll stockpile some gas, too.

Oh well. Life goes on. Tomorrow the library is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. so I’ll be there to charge my laptop and cell phone (and study—seriously; I’m sure whatever plan they devise for making up classes won’t be fun at all since we have only four weeks left in the semester) the entire time except when I’ll be at the Wellness Center to work out and also take a shower. The freezing shower I took today was kind of unpleasant, to say the least…

3 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger Christa said...

bah. i'm thinking of you!

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't like this school.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger some guy said...

Are you blaming the school for the hurricanes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home