Monday, January 02, 2006

First post

First post of the New Year so here goes:

*Sometimes I wish I had never used my name in my last blog because then I could post all kinds of things I really think without worrying that anyone important (like that lawyer out there waiting for my resume to cross his desk so he can call me up and offer me a job) will read it. (No offense to the readers of this blog; I think you're very important.)

*Speaking of what I really think, every time I print out my unofficial transcript to send to an employer, I think horrible thoughts about a certain professor I had last year. This person no longer teaches here. Some day I'll post what I really think about this person and use this person's name. (The person can't sue me for libel because what I write will be the truth.) I noticed once a while ago that on the law school home page is a survey they distribute to alumni and one of the questions is to name your worst professor. I have three semesters to go but I have no doubt who my worst "professor" was and will always be. I'm not one to carry grudges - and unlike some people I know - I rarely blame other people for my problems (or failings) but I'm still surprised at how much hatred I can muster up for this person.

*Speaking of the job search, I can't wait to start doing that again! I took a break for finals and then it was the holidays but now I get to start looking again! I hope it's more fun this semester than last semester! Yes! Someone has to want to hire me, right? Right? Hello?

*Speaking of jobs, I hope I still have a job (my part-time clerk job). Haven't heard a peep from the employers since the week before Thanksgiving. I don't think they like me very much but they give me a little money and they give me relatively interesting things to do, so I shouldn't complain. I guess the next couple of days will tell whether my job still exists.

*1Ls have to go back to school tomorrow but 2Ls and 3Ls don't have classes until Jan. 9. This first week of school last year was so useless. Based on how much Lexis and Westlaw they teach you (which is basically how to sign on and that's it) there is no reason to make 1Ls come back a week before everyone else.

*As for me, I feel like I'm basically back in school already. Sort of. I'm working on my BIG PAPER which is due a week after classes start. Before I know it I'll be reading for next week. Damn. I'll miss this long vacations once I re-enter the real world.

*I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions. OK, I made one, but it's the same one I make every year and it's none of your damn business.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this "professor" is the one that i think you're referring to, i got your back when you bash him/her. He/she couldn't teach his/her way out of a paper bag.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger ES said...

Oh my God, there is AT LEAST one professor who I would love to call out on my blog, but I probably never will. Seriously though, one day I'm going to send a check for $0.00 to the school, and on the memo line I'm going to put his name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home