Monday, February 27, 2006

pick me, pick me

The other day I sat down at a desk in the library and saw what looked like a children’s book that someone left on the desk. So I picked it up. On closer inspection, it’s a hardbound recruiting tool from one of the Really Big Firms with offices here in Miami that pays its summer associates $2,000 a week. I opened the book and it’s full of stick figure drawings, really bright colors and cheesy slogans like “You don’t want to be one of the herd, you’d rather be one of the heard” and “You don’t see rain, you see a chance to sell umbrellas.” Ugh. So my question is this: Are the students who are being recruited by the Really Big Firms actually impressed by this stuff? Somehow, I doubt it…

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, those OCI pamphlets (some were small novels) were hilarious.

the best (worst) that i saw was ML's, that had "actual attorneys"! looking really carefree and wacky. at least to their standards. it was disturbing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home