Wednesday, March 08, 2006

funny or lame?

I don't know if this is funny or just sad. The professor had a blog post yesterday about a coming "communications barage" about the strike from the law school administration. That was yesterday morning. As of now, the only communication I've had is a flyer handed to me by one of the striking workers. I know there was a big meeting about the strike yesterday at the law school but I couldn't go because I work on Tuesdays. It's possible they sent out some e-mails but since the computer system here was designed by a third-grade science class, e-mails to my student account show up as many as three or four days after they were sent out, so I wouldn't know.

**
Was anyone else disappointed that only one person is running for SBA president and vice president? I guess I could see why no one wants to challenge the incumbent president (why don't we just elect him emperor...or better yet, make him dean?) but surely he's pissed off someone. And why only one vice presidential candidate? Who knows. My favorite part about election season here is when the people who normally wouldn't give you the time of day suddenly become all friendly. I like seeing who can fake sincerity well enough to actually come across as genuinely sincere, and who can't fake it at all. Those are the people you know not to vote for, but who will probably be wealthy attorneys one day.

4 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger King of the Cats said...

When the strike blows over I plan to unleash a "rambling, barely coherent screed" proposing dissolution of the SBA.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger some guy said...

Cool. Can't wait to read it. I hope you're still a student here when the strike is over (I hope it's over by May).

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The prez gets a tuition waiver

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon, it's true, nobody seems to know that the pres gets a 55% scholarship!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home