Thursday, March 23, 2006

ok, now panic

Here are four strange (as in out of the ordinary; not totally wacko and bizarre) things I saw this week at the law school:

1. I was taking care of business in the third floor men's room in the library. A small dog walked under the stall door. That was unexpected. Luckily his owner said something like "come here, boy" and the dog turned around and walked right out before it had the chance to you know, do some damage to important stuff.

2. Three Muslim men praying, apparently facing Mecca. I'm not saying it's strange for Muslims to pray. I'm just saying that I've never seen this before at the law library. They were on the landing above the fourth floor stairs in the library.

3. A guy driving around campus on a Segway. Cool.

4. It rained today. It's the first rain we've had in about a month. Seriously.
**
Remember in Airplane (or Airplane 2?) when the fasten seatbelt sign started saying things like "Ok, now panic"? That's how I feel about my job search. Classes are over in four weeks. In less than two months the entire semester will be over. I don't have a job. I don't get it. I'm trying. I'm really trying. I'm not exactly willing to work anywhere, like a lot of people I know, so I haven't blanketed the entire region with resumes, but I've applied at tons of places.

I had two interviews on Tuesday. I would take a job with the first firm I interviewed at in a heartbeat if offered. Great firm. I'd be doing interesting work. But who knows what will happen there. It went well, but they haven't yet decided if they will be hiring anyone yet.

The second one was a dud. The guy said he'd let me know in a couple of days. Today (Thursday) I got a letter saying the firm wouldn't be hiring me -- or anyone. This was after spending 30 minutes in his office, for some reason being introduced to all the other attorneys there. And he didn't have the courtesy to even call. Nice. Fortunately for me I have another interview next week for a firm in the same building. Maybe I'll get that job and run into the jackass and um, I don't know, press all the buttons in the elevator as I get out or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home