Monday, April 03, 2006

secrets

I recently discovered a secret bathroom in the library. I never even knew it existed. To date, when I have been there, it has never been out of order like half the other bathrooms here, and nor has it smelled worse than a toxic waste dump, like the fourth floor men’s room. I also noticed a secret door marked “authorized personnel” only that many faculty and staff members pass through. I can’t understand where it goes to. Actually these things are not exactly secret, but they are hidden away and I never noticed them until a couple of weeks ago, which seems odd since I’ve spent an absurd amount of time in this law library in the past two years…

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only fac/staff-only doors that I know of either lead to library work areas like cataloging (on the ground floor) or to exits (ground floor & third floor) that require a magnetic pass because they don't have detectors to see if you are taking an unchecked-out book out of the library. There's also a locked rare book room on the fourth floor but I've never been in there.

If there are any others, please let me know.

As for the bathrooms, it took me about three years to find them all, so you are doing pretty well.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Equal Process... we promise 30% or above bathroom related posts.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent a whole year in my tiny university office, which is within a "suite" of other offices before I noticed a blue door at the back of the suite. When I opened this door, I stumbled into a room filled with mice! Cages and cages of mice.

I wonder what's behind the secret law doors? Golden toilet thrones? Jailed prisoner/students who tried to steal books?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home