Wednesday, May 03, 2006

For your reading pleasure

I've got nothing interesting to say other than that I only have one more exam to go (professional responsibility on Tuesday), so check out these blogs:

This is a really funny post by LawDawg about the cover of E&E study guides. I guess in two years of law school I never stopped to consider why in the world the study guides have such inane illustrations on their covers.

Harriet the Spy, a student here, is a huge Jai-Alai fan. Unless Jai-Alai is a euphemism for something else...

"Student," also a student at this law school, offers an increasingly bizarre analogy of exams-as-war. I like the use of imagery there, but the storyline is getting odder by the day.

Lately, I've been reading this blog, which is a gossip rag about criminal defense lawyers, judges and prosecutors who work in this city. Ninety-five percent of the time I have no idea who or what they are talking about, but sometimes I recognize names from when I worked downtown last summer. I figure if I'm going to work in the community I might as well read up on the gossip, even though it's just gossip. It's a well-read blog though, with about 500 readers a day.

***
Not a proud day for an alumni of this law school. Wow. Nice salary, though...

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger JB said...

Thanks for the plug. And no, Jai Alai is not a euphemism. If anyone in the Miami area is interested in checking out Jai Alai, drop me a comment on my blog and I'll see what I can do about hooking you up with the VIP experience. (No, you don't get a table and a bottle, but you might get in free and get a history lesson from the assistant GM...) ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home