Thursday, May 25, 2006

Not a post about law school



I have to admit that I'm not big on art museums. (I know you don't visit this blog for the art criticism and I promise not to bore you to tears with everything I think this summer, but there just isn't much going on at law school to write about) I mean I'd like to consider myself, um, you know, worldly, and I appreciate quality things, but I couldn't tell you the difference between a Rembrandt and a Breughel or the difference between post-Modernism and Cubism. Anyway, the tropical garden in town just had a six-month exhibit of works by Chihuly that was amazing. The entire garden was basically his showroom and he had some incredible stuff. Since, as I said, I'm not much on art, I don't have the words to describe what I love about his art, but well, it's unbelieavable. I wish I had millions of dollars to spare so I could buy a few of his pieces. The man is a genius. I hesitate to say he's under-appreciated because I don't know how the art world views him, but this is only the second time I've seen his work exhibited and I know I'd love to see more of it. My lousy pictures don't do it justice...

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fellow UM law person (though I've graduated recently) and I just wanted to say that I too thought Chihuly was awe-inspiring. And your picture of the boat is better than mine, I think.

Just playing follow the random link from Froomkin's blog to procrastinate more bar work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home