Monday, June 05, 2006

Still nothing

Most of the grades are in. I've gotten all except my seminar grade, which is odd since there were five people in that class. Oh well. It's not bothering me because I'm pretty sure I know what that grade is already. I just want to see my GPA and learn my class rank. I have nothing else to report. Sorry. ...

Nothing is doing and you probably don't want to hear about my personal life because it's not that interesting. The only interesting thing, I guess, is that a friend of mine is coming into town from Boston and we're going to People's Barbecue, which I haven't been to in over a year. It's by far the best barbecue in Miami, but it's in a terrifying neighborhood -- especially after dark. I can't wait.

8 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when do rankings get mailed out?

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger some guy said...

last year i think we didn't get them until late july. i guess they have to wait until all grades are in and there are always a few stragglers...

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, Peoples is so ghetto that you walk out of there a little darker. But hot damn, their ribs are off the hook!! You better pack some heat walkin' up in deh all cracka'd out n' shit.

Just kidding. Peoples is all a great family establishment...and cheap, 'ta boot.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have a random question. I just finished my first year at U of M and am curious to know what GPA generally equals what rank at this school. For example, in what percentage of the class does a 3.5 place, or a 3.0?

Thanks

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger some guy said...

I only know what my GPA and rank was so I'm not sure but one way to think about it is this, although I can't promise that this is accurate: the first-year curve requires that 45 percent of students in each class have to get a B or above. I guess the math is a little more complicated but a rough estimate probably says that about 45 percent of the class will get a 3.0 or higher. Does that work? If not, you'll get your class rank eventually...

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still have not gotten more than half of my 1L grades from UM law. it's been almost 2 months. is this normal? once grades are in, is the only way to get your ranking via mail, or is it also posted on the myUM system?

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger some guy said...

Profs have five weeks from the day of the exam and most use the entire five weeks. Several take longer than five weeks. Rumor has it that they get fined but what can the school really do to a tenured faculty member? It's an incredibly frustrating process adn it makes no sense that it takes so long. Ranking comes by mail. I dug up my ranking from last year and the letter was dated July 7.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for the information. it is really frustrating to wait, so any bit of knowledge of what to expect helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home