Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back again

Good news for me: I passed the MPRE! It wasn't even close (to failing). When I left the test I was sure that I failed. I was positive. It was frustrating because I knew the rules, took the Bar-Bri class and did as many practice problems as I could. I treated it like a final exam -- spent four full days studying. But the answer choices were ridiculous -- in many cases they literally made no sense. I could have explained in an essay what was wrong with the situation in the fact patterns but the choices were written in a way that was so convoluted and confusing that I was completely baffled. Oh yeah -- and the loud explosion-like noises coming from the roof of the hotel where I took it didn't help, either. Anyone want to buy an MPRE Bar-Bri book? I actually have two of them (bought one for PR class last semester and got the other one when I signed up for Bar-Bri).

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Elle Woods said...

I was semi pissed I got a 119. I clearly overstudied by reading through the barbri outline once and doing about 50 practice problems. I should have been working on my tan.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I have no idea what this means, but YAY! Congrats!

I recently passed another written exam myself, *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* and am headed back to D.C. in November. Must improve score!

Glad Ernesto passed both of us by. Having never experienced a hurricane, I wouldn't mind a little Category 1 floating over Raleigh...a thought I voiced at work which caused a partner to respond, "You have no idea what you're talking about." *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home