Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Blah blah blah

*So yesterday I used a men’s room on campus that I’d never even noticed before. It was huge—by far the biggest men’s room in the law school. Strange that I had never seen it in more than two years here. It’s the men’s room next to the dean of student’s office on the second floor. On the inside it feels like you’re in a bathroom at the beach – way too many tiles.

*I have this professor who everyone told me is the Best Professor Ever. I just don’t see it at all. She makes assignments three or four days before they’re due, changes the due date back and forth, doesn’t tell students about the assignments, requires us to go to another professor’s class, has a TWEN page that she never updates in advance and has a syllabus that is completely useless because it doesn’t contain any assignments except for readings (and the class includes lots of substantive work besides reading). I don’t know why I’m surprised; I guess even after two years I have higher expectations than I should about the quality of the faculty here.

*Speaking of the quality of the faculty, a friend of mine, who is a 3L here, got into Harvard Medical School! Congrats. That’s impressive although I can’t say I’d want to spend another four years in school, not to mention three years of interning and residency.

*Someone commented on my last post that someguy is to blogging as Larry Coker is to coaching. I think that’s a compliment but I’m not sure. I’m thinking it means that I was once great but am now struggling. Or maybe it means I was overrated from the beginning? Eh. Who knows. I’ll admit that I’ve been struggling to come up with much to write about. We need the four other student bloggers at this school to come up with something interestin. (By the way, any 1L bloggers from this school out there?)

4 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a 3L that's gonna apply to Med School. A fair number of us were pre-med as undergrads, you know. I'm trying to think if I know this mysterious person...

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger some guy said...

I'll be happy to tell you who it is if you find me in person but I'm not going to put it on the blog.

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout a "where are they now?" What happen to some of the people that have moved on from MIA?

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still like your blog.

Treszerocinco, by the way, is me. I deleted it a long time ago. Because I didn't have the time to continue to write, I decided to nix it altogether. So, the new 305 is someone who took over the then available name. I suggest you take it off your blogroll.

Despite the abundance of tiles, the second floor bathroom on the outside is the best one in the school. Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home