Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Not-So-Simple-Life...

Hello everyone---

Someguy has so graciously allowed me to write on his blog. I will write about several things but mostly I will write about the unfairness and maltreatment going on at the Holiday Inn in conjunction with the contract set up with University Village managed by JPI.
Some of you know the story already and some of you don’t. All you really have to do is stop a random undergrad and ask about the horrendous situation in housing at Unv. Of Miami. I have a first hand account and I can tell you my side. I have been reading this blog for a while now and I know we have a lot of complainers and haters and piss-ant-wannabe-players…but come one, come all and read about my adventures at the Holiday Inn.

The current live-wire story deals with a small type flood that destroyed book (yes legal books) in my room after an air condition leak. The hotel GM refuses to speak with me about it and keeps passing the buck. How sad and pathetic. Those dang books are freaking expensive. Anyway this happened early in the first week of Sept and now we are almost in Oct. Hmmmm…can anyone tell me what legal options there are and if I can go after UV? (*Let me be fair… the law school has agreed to help as much as it can)

Next issue is the damage to my other property- namely my car…since I don’t drive and the parking is horrendous…yes even for UV people for all those out there who can’t find a spot… we have been forced by the hotel to use a valet service that will remove and move around items in our cars at their leisure… of course I don’t like valet but I am forced to utilize this method. Anywea the damage to my car…so my car has been sitting there for two weeks and upon checkin we had to give what was near tantamount to a blood sample for information regarding our vehicles to the UV folks who you would have thought would pass this info to the dumb ass hotel so that they would not tow folks cars…you guessed it…it didn’t happen. I come out to find this sticker, pretty much glued to my driver window telling me to go the front desk. Now again, the security guard has seen this car parked in the exact same spot for the last two weeks and now puts an *%#@ sticker on it… yeah I went off and only today was the sticker finally fully removed….

Folks my hands hurt and there are so many more stories and btw another students room was flooded by a broken a/c unit within the last 48hrs (hmmm…surprise surprise…) Ask me questions… I will continue to blog…

Later
Anywea

7 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zzzzz . . . please do not continue to blog. What the hell was this rambling about? My, my, my, what passes for a guest blogger these days.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger SuperBee said...

Unfortunately, I agree with Anonymous.

What's your problem? Wet law books? Parking stickers when you "don't drive?"

Small potatoes and insignificant injuries. Keep your books on a shelf, get some Goo-Gone, and don't leave shit in your car. Problem solved.

Not to be unsympathetic, but you want legal advice? Fork out some money and hire a lawyer. Or try your hand at small-claims court.

At the very least, try drafting a coherent list of grievances. Otherwise, you're going to get spanked in LRW and on Exams.

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on. Some Guy, what gives? This was painful to read. I mean, you aren't Harpe Lee yourself, but at least you usually have some coherent point. I read the post twice (after falling asleep about 7 times) and I still don't know what the hell it is about. "Ask me questions… I will continue to blog" -- Okay, I'll bite, is there any question I can ask that will STOP you from blogging?

Some Guy, I know keeping this blog fresh is hard to do alone, but don't hitch you wagon to this shlub. I won't stop by here anymore if this is the kind of tripe you're serving. I'd rather read those free copies of "The Watchtower." Damn.

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your hands are tired from tying a rope into a noose to hang yourself.

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice English. What the hell is "anywea"? Is this the new, cool slang term all of the 1Ls are using? Did the flood destroy your "book" or "books"? You are retarded.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you guys are mean. Give her a break, sheesh. 1L is stressful enough, even if all you had to worry about was class.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon 11:02: "Give her a break...." Where in the post does it indicate the poster is a female?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home