Tuesday, October 03, 2006

You said what?

So I got this e-mail yesterday. Read it and tell me if anything's missing:

Dear Applicant:

I am in receipt of your letter requesting consideration for the above-referenced clerkship. It is always difficult to choose amongst the many qualified applicants. From my brief review of your resume, I am confident that you will have no difficulty in securing a challenging legal position. I wish you every success in the practice of law.

Thank you again for considering my chambers.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
United States District Judge

***
It doesn't say anything about being rejected. I guess I'm suppposed to use my stellar legal analysis to make that inference, but most job rejection letters have a line saying something like "We were unable to make you an offer" or something similar. But there's nothing like that here. Eh. I get the picture; I'm just saying. (and I've got nothing else to write about but I'm trying to purge the memory of the guest blogger...)

5 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How odd. Maybe you should write back and say, "It's always difficult to choose amongst the many chambers, but I'm confident that you will one day find an effective clerk."

- sister-in-law

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. US District Court. Did you get rejected from the US Supreme Court yet? Or are you still holding out hope?

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is the judge was looking for someone with law review experience at an outstanding law school.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With top grades too.

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would have been hard to pronounce his name at the interview anyway. Keep up hope - there are only so many students from Harvard, right? Eventually, they'll have to look elsewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home