Friday, November 17, 2006

trials and jobs

The Lit Skills final trial is tomorrow. I’ll be glad when it’s over. I don’t know if I’m dreading it or excited about it. Maybe both. It’s not quite like getting ready for a final exam because although it takes the place of this class’s final exam, it’s only pass/fail and I couldn’t possibly fail. I think the thing I’m most worried about is looking like an ass in front of the jury and introducing exhibits. I really have no idea how to introduce them. Well, I have an idea and I know what the book says but how and when do you introduce Henry’s hospital records under the business records hearsay exception to show that he was drunk but without the doctor or records clerk who prepared the records? I don’t know.

**

Did you get the e-mailed word document in which the Career Placement Center at this school sent out a list of recent job postings? I got it today for the first time this semester which made me wonder if they’ve stopped sending out that monthly newsletter. Remember the old monthly newsletter? Did the CPC give up or just stop caring about me?

I’m still not stressed about the job search but I managed to back out of my clinical for next semester so I could continue with my job. Although it would be technically possible to work at my job for 16 hours a week and the clinical for 16-20 hours a week and take two classes, it just seemed like too much to take on. Fortunately Prof. Lit Skills was accommodating.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had to do stipulations as to the foundations of documents where we weren't having the document custodian testify. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home