Friday, December 01, 2006

movin' on up, so to speak

Yesterday at work they gave me the key to the bathroom. (The bathroom is outside the actual office so all the offices on the 24th floor can use it). I wonder if being given a key to the crapper is a precursor to being given a full-time job offer. Or at least a raise?

Speaking of work, what do I get for the middle aged paralegal whose name I drew in the Secret Santa thing? I’ve never been a Secret Santa before. I've never spoken a single word to her and didn’t even know who she was until I asked someone. Apparently she likes cats and jewelry. I have $20 to spend. I don’t think I can pick out jewelry for this woman because I don't know her tastes, so it’ll have to be something cat-related. Oh yeah, and in years past she's gotten a gift card and complained that it was too impersonal. I wonder if a couple sacks of kitty litter would be inappropriate?

7 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A gift card is the perfect gift in general, especially for someone you dont know. Why does she want something personal for a secret santa when the whole object is to get a random person something random?

Congrats on not having to ask to go take a crap!

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same issue at my office and am going to get a middle-aged woman a nice bottle of wine.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get her a dildo... It may be a little awkward when she opens it, but it will be good for a laugh and she definitely won't be able to complain that its too impersonal.

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every cat person deserves a dog - a big one.

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a cat person, but maybe she'd like a subscription to Cat Fancy. It's the gift that keeps giving all year long!

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bed Bath and Beyond has these little cat-shaped ring holders (you put it by the sink and put your rings on it while you do the dishes). Not totally impersonal and its at least quasi-useful. I think they are $5-10, so you could supplement it with a 2007 cat calendar (look at her desk to see if she prefers day-to-day or a wall calendar).

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger some guy said...

Thanks for all the suggestions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home