Sunday, January 07, 2007

A little of this and that

So I could tell you where I've been the past 10 days or so, but I won't. I'll tell you this, though: I saw a famous baby named Violet (and her Mom) last week in a place you would absolutely not expect. I'm not saying that was the highlight of the last 10 days but it's something.

My first class isn't until a week from Wednesday so I'm still enjoying my last ever extended vacation (although it's not entirely a vacation since I'm working a few days here and there). I'm headed out west later this week, which should be fun.

**
Once again I'm thinking of killing off this blog. I thought about this last summer. I'll probably keep it and see if any inspiration strikes during the semester and while I'm studying for the bar exam but I'm getting less interested in the blog and based on the sitemeter stats, you readers are getting less interested, not including the loyal four or five who I know check almost every day. (Yeah, you know who you are...). The Lawfool once said that blawgs have a shelf-life of about 18 months and I often think I've outlived my shelf-life, which would mean that this whole venture is rotten...

**
I noticed yesterday when I got back and checked 10 days worth of accumulated e-mail that this week is the start of "spring orientation" for 1Ls. How come we didn't have spring orientation? All we had was a Lexis and Westlaw class and some stupid waste of time by our LRW prof. I haven't thought about that incompetent, big-headed loser in a long, long time. I think that's a good thing, right? I just thought of him again when I read about the spring orientation. Seriously, it was the first time in several months I'd thought of him. Then I was reminded that I wanted to keep this blog for the express purpose of naming him and calling him out once I graduate and am admitted to the bar. Maybe that's not such a good idea. But he was just so incompetent, lazy and stupid that I'd probably be doing a disservice to the legal community if I didn't call him out. Yeah, maybe not. I'll see.

**
I have yet to check any grades. According to an e-mail from the registrar, some have been posted. This is an impressive display of willpower on my part because it's easy to say that I don't care. But I do...

**
Are you going to see the movie The Hitcher? The previews look good but movies like that are sometimes so inane that you feel like you were robbed of your $9...

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Elle Woods said...

I read, I just use bloglines, so that would like at least one more hit a day.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger SuperBee said...

Blogs that don't get updated don't get hits. Unless one is REALLY bored. Like me.

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I still check in. I need to keep up with you so, one day, we can get some coffee together. And think of all the stories from your bar review course (if you are taking one). Don't stop now.

Love,
Lawfool (I forgot my username and password to logon as lawfool).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home