Sunday, April 29, 2007

is commercial law funny?

It's been a long time since I last looked at Prof. Contract's web site but I checked it out thanks to a commenter a couple of days ago. I think Prof. Contracts has gone off the deep end. You tell me, what is the deal with this comic strip about plaid coat man and the UCC filing officer? Is this funny to anyone? One of those so-bad-it's-funny deals? I don't know Prof. Contracts too well but I know him a little and know enough to know he's completely devoid of a sense of humor so I'm wondering if this is the kind of thing that strikes him as funny. If it is, that might explain a lot. Or maybe I'm just ignorant because I never took commercial law.

**
I need for the next nine days to go by quickly. All I have left is two exams, one on Sunday and one on Tuesday. Actually I have this takehome exam for ADR Policy but that's almost done.
It's a little difficult to motivate myself to spend everyday between now and Sunday studying but because the exams are so close together it's not too tough to get motivated. I'm going to study this week.

6 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SG,

I think it is just a fun way to illustrate how you can survive an attack on perfection in one respect, but the filing would still be rejected, by law, under your state's adoption of UCC-9.

I think it was only supposed to be slightly funny to those in the know, but a way to get the point across to students. A news cast about unperfected UCC filings. Classic!

Good luck on exams, and in the next "cramming for the bar" stage of life. I am doing the iPod self study. Good thing my school cuts off the wifi the day I graduate. Yep, just me, in the student union, sipping a big soda, an iPod packed with boring lectures, and only Minesweeoer to distract me . . .

LF

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The iPod self-study sounds like a recipe for disaster

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger some guy said...

I agree. But I think it's one of those things where each person has to do what's best for himself. Lawfool knows he won't have trouble being motivated while staring at an ipod for four hours a day every day for four weeks. Me -- I need structure of class every day even if it's videotaped lectures in class.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figure, unlike the videos, I can replay the lectures on the iPod I might need to brush up on. A nice schedule keeping you on task is good though . . . but, that really wasn't an option for me.

LF

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger X said...

I did okay in commercial law and that "joke" was obscure to me. I don't remember us talking about this particular issue. Although, it looks like LF is right. Anyway, this is not funny..not funny at all.

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he made it himself, that's gotta be worth something, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home