Tuesday, April 17, 2007

not much

I was thinking about how I only have eight more classes left in all of law school (not including bar review classes, of course). I remember my first ever law school class. It was Civ Pro. It was on Friday at the end of a dizzying week of orientation, first assignments, an LRW class and I had no idea what to expect. I just knew that this was really it. This was the start of law schoool. I remember being terrified that I would be called on, then being relieved to learn that because there was not yet any seating chart the prof would go in alphabetical order. So this poor woman whose last name starts with an A was called on. But it wasn't bad at all, neither for her nor for anyone else. I remember being impressed with how well she did. Of course I don't remember anything she actually said and looking back now, considering she was talking about the first case we ever read for law school, it's unlikely she said anything brilliant. But that's not the point. I remember thinking it was such a BIG DEAL to get called on in class. It was HUGE in those early days. You were scared to not be prepared to say something intelligent, to show that not only had you done the reading, but that you could put it in context with the other cases. At least I was. Yeah. Times have changed, although now I think we're about to come full circle because - at least if you're going to be litigating like I am - if you get called on, so to speak (by a judge, by a partner in your firm, etc.) you'd better be prepared to say something smart, right?

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um . . . maybe it is time you stop writing your blog. It has been s snore-fest of monumental proportion as of late.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger some guy said...

i don't dispute that i have nothing to say. maybe it is time you stop reading my blog. seriously. please stop reading it. your comments add nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home