Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Done

Done. I'm not a law student any longer. I guess I haven't yet graduated but I'm done. Copyright exam was fine. (surprisingly I was drained afterwards but I think it's more being drained and worn out from law school in general as opposed to from the copyright exam in particular). Compulsory licenses? What the fuck? Yeah.

Anyway, it's over. It seems strange. Calling myself a law student was part of my identity for so long. And I knew I was going to be starting law school in August 2004 as early as February of 2003. Now I'm not in law school anymore. Work still seems so far away (I start Sept. 4 which apparently is exactly seven days before I find out if I passed the bar exam...that's one good thing about this state: they grade the bar exam really fast compared with other states) what with the bar exam and all. So now I do a bunch of stuff that's been piling up, then graduate on Sunday, then start PMBR on Tuesday.

5 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Christa said...

congratulations you. i'm sure eventually i'll need your services.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger some guy said...

thanks, christina! i thought it would be for divorce law but now i'm thinking you'll get into something a little more exciting someday like suing someone else for copyright infringement or something...

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Stare Decisis said...

Congrats! I know what you mean about the "law student" thing - I feel like I'm in limbo until I get a job, then I can say "I'm a lawyer" or "I'm a law clerk" or whatever.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't waste your time with the first PMBR session. It will only freak you out as to how much you don't know. I would just start with Barbri and then maybe take the PMBR session at the end.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Christa said...

not to bombard you with comments, but going into your new career must be a sigh of relief considering your old career and the place you careered and their current situation.

it is a scant few years until your old career's product is obsolete.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home