Monday, May 07, 2007

go faster, damn you

Can there be a mechanism to speed up life? This time tomorrow, I'll be done with law school.

Forever.

I'm ready to take my Copyright final exam now. I think taking it pass/fail was a stupid idea, not because I'm afraid I'll get a C- (which at this school is equal to an F if you take it pass/fail; where's the logic in that -- if you're not taking it pass/fail a C- gets you sufficient credit but if you are taking it pass/fail a C- means you don't get any credit) but because I think I'll do much better than a C.

I don't know how to study to a C so I've been studying as if it's a normal exam for a normal grade. I was afraid if I half-assed it I'd fail. Whatever. I won't fail. Anyway I've had about enough. The exam is 1 p.m. Tuesday. I wish it was at least in the morning so I wouldn't have to stare at my notes and force myself to reread them for 3 hours before it starts.

On another note, how the heck do you sustain concentration for two days of the bar exam? Yesterday I had my admin law final, then met with a group for about three hours in the late afternoon to go over copyright. By about 8 p.m. my brain was mush and all I'd done was take one three-hour exam and study for another. How do you take the equivalent of four final exams in 32 hours (two 3-hour exams each day)? I have no idea. None.

I guess I can start getting stressed about that a week from tomorrow when PMBR starts.

3 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sort of train for it. By the time the bar exam rolls around you'll be ready. Especially for just two days of bar exams - it's the three-day ventures that are tough. But either way, because the test proceeds in stages (morning essays, afternoon essays, morning multiple choice, afternoon multiple choice) the sense of relief you get for having each stage behind you helps propel you through the next one.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey does the Florida portion of the bar have multiple choice questions as well? I heard they do.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger some guy said...

I'm pretty sure it does. I think it's half essay, half MC. I guess I'll figure all this stuff out for sure in a week or so once PMBR starts. For now though I'm not looking at any of that stuff...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home