Sunday, May 27, 2007

good idea or bad?

I'm seriously thinking about switching all my reading just to the Conviser. In criminal law, criminal procedure and contracts the profs said all we need to know is in the Conviser. I don't retain much from just reading and those legal-sized pages are unbearable, especially in subjects I've never done like wills and trusts. I don't know. So far two people have told me they don't read at all. So I've started making flash cards while I read but if I do that for the regular sized outlines I'll have way too many cards. I think one of the worst things you can do for the Bar is learn too much. So I will try just reading the Conviser for the next few subjects at least, at least until someone can convince me it's not such a good idea...

3 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I've heard around campus is that you should use the large legal sized outlines to fill in gaps that the lecturer did not cover that appear in the multiple choice questions. I tried reading the crim pro outline and gave up halfway through. I was able to understand most of the Wills section after having taken Trusts and Estates (luckily my professor focused on the differences between the UPC and FL law), but threw in the towel on the last 15 pages because it was all administrative information rather than substantive law.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been focusing on the Conviser based on what the two profs so far have said. I can read that two or three times in the amount of time it takes to read the full outline once, and if that will cover 90-95% of the material I think that's a better goal.

There's no way to memorize everything in the full outlines, especially like you say for subjects we might not have taken like T & E.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

I think it's a good idea to use the conviser and if something isn't clear then you can cross reference with the long outline book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home