Friday, May 25, 2007

still going

At least the lectures are still interesting. That Whitebread guy (that's actually his name, seriously) who lectured on criminal law was as entertaining as the contracts guy. Terrific. So it holds my attention for three or four hours. Then I go home and do the practice problems and get depressed all over again. They say 65 percent is good enough to pass but I'm not even really scoring that high in the practice problems. And so far I've been sticking to the BarBri schedule so I've only done practice problems in one subject - contracts, which admittedly is harder than other subjects, but the point is that so soon after learning contracts I should be on top of it. What a fun memorial day weekend this will be.

**
Hey, what the fuck is the deal with this stupid new policy of not releasing grades except on Fridays? This is the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time. Supposedly the goal is to reduce student stress but that's preposterous. Actually I don't care too much but I do care a little because I want to know I graduated (I know I did fine, but I still want to see it become official) and know my final GPA.

And believe me, I have better things to worry about - and I am, in fact, worrying about those other things (the bar, obviously).

Still, whoever came up with the idea that grades would only be released on Fridays is an idiot. And whoever came up with the idea to tell students that the reason for doing this is to reduce student stress is stupider than the person who came up with the idea in the first place. There is no possible rational reason that if a professor turns in his grades on, say, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday that the grades can't be released on the following business day. The only possible reason is laziness on the part of the registrar's office. Or incompetence.

3 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When they announced that I figured it was just laziness on the registrar's part. (or whoever posts those grades).

It's killing me too b/c I'm going to be right on the borderline of one of the honors classifications and with still no job that could be important.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not the Registrar's Office - it's the Dean of Students and the faculty. The Registrar's Office doesn't have the power to make any decisions on their own, they just do as the royalty... i mean faculty... say.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until you get to some of the Florida lectures, like Florida Con Law, if I remember correctly. Ugh. The national lecturers are pretty decent. A lot of people whined about the property lecturer, Paula Francese, but I actually though some of her goofy songs were helpful and somewhat memorable. Also, don't freak out about your scores just yet. They will improve. Most people only get about half right (or maybe a little more) on the mid-summer practice MBE, but eventually things start to click.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home