Tuesday, June 19, 2007

BarBri questions vs. PMBR questions

So I do my best to avoid most discussions about what other people are doing (except on this blog) because the last thing I need is to hear someone else is doing something that sounds better than what I'm doing and then start worrying about whether I need to be doing that. But I have now heard the same thing from a few different people so I'm wondering if there is any truth to it. I have been mostly following BarBri's paced program but I'm not doing as many questions as BarBri tells me to do. And if it ever has me doing all the questions in a topic (like all of CivPro in two days) I don't do it because I want to save questions for later. But the thing that a few people have said is that BarBri's advanced questions are just way too hard and much harder than anything you're likely to see on the MBE. I understand the logic of swinging the weighted bat in the on deck circle so it seems easier when the real thing hits but those advanced questions are killer. A few people have said that the PMBR practice questions make a lot more sense because they're more realistic. I guess now that we have done all six MBE subjects I can go download the actual past bar exams and see for myself. I know the February 2007 one is on Bar Bri's web site and I think they said you can find older ones on their site or the NCBEX site although that might just be for essays. I don't know. Ugh. I'm fucking exhausted. At least classes are winding down but I don't know if that's good or bad. Fuck.

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Liney said...

Yeah, that's pretty frustrating - not knowing if what you're doing is too easy... too hard... realistic?? Really, the whole process just sucks in general ;)

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someguy-- Where on the Barbri website can you download the past sample MBE exams?

Have you taken the simulated MBE yet?

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger some guy said...

I think you can download them from the NCBEX.org site. That might not be the right url but it's the National Council of Bar Examiners.

I'm taking the simulated MBE on Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home