Thursday, June 07, 2007

it never ends

I'm liking these three hour Bar-Bri lectures (instead of four and a half hour lectures). This week wasn't so bad, at least after evidence ended on Tuesday. Evidence for some reason is very confusing to me. Next week looks awful with torts for two days, then almost four full days of property (until 2:30 on Saturday!). I actually like torts but property is going to be as bad as contracts.

**
Do you know what's driving me crazy? The guy on the PMBR criminal and property CD lectures who pronounces the word "modern" as if it has an I before the N. He keeps talking about the difference between common law and MODERIN law. Not modern, but moderIn. He adds an extra syllable in there. Jesus. It's annoying.

**
So much for that stupid policy of posting grades only on Fridays. A guy I know said he got a grade posted yesterday and another today. I still have only one grade, and it's for the two-credit class that didn't have an exam. Nice.

7 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Stare Decisis said...

The PMBR guy bugs me for that same reason! He mispronounces a few other things, too, but those are all legal terms. Modern is a normal word! I had to stop listening to the property CD because he was bugging me so much. I hope the Evidence one is better - it's a different lecturer.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger X said...

Property is kicking my butt. These property questions are unlike anything I encountered in law school.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not alone. One grade so far (2 out of 14 credits). Guess they really took our concerns about late grades last semester to heart.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

For evidence, I used the outlines in the FRE (you can find these in the PMBR red book) and the PMBR evidence audio cds. It covers almost all the black letter law you need to know....the rest, i believe is practice and luck!!

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He pronounces defendant with a really heavy accent on ANT and proffered like preferred. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that is right...I'm glad other people thought his pronunciation was a little off too. Maybe he's trying to keep us awake?

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He pronounces defendant with a really heavy accent on ANT and proffered like preferred. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that is right...I'm glad other people thought his pronunciation was a little off too. Maybe he's trying to keep us awake?

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger some guy said...

Actually the defendANT guy is a different guy and he makes me want to hit someone every time he says the word. Why can't PMBR get people who speak normal English?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home