Friday, June 22, 2007

practice? we talkin 'bout PRACTICE man

We had the practice exam today. It sucked. I didn't check my scores because we're spending the next two days going over it and anyway they'll give us a breakdown of our scores. And they said that everyone does poorly, not only because it's early in the process (actually it's not that early any more) but also because it's made to be more difficult than the actual test. During the lunch break I ran into a guy who said he got a 105 on the practice test. If you get that score on the bar exam, let's just say that's beyond terrible. But he passed the bar (although I didn't ask his score on the real thing).

The toughest thing for me was concentrating for so long. In the third hour of the morning session my mind was all over the place. Same thing during the final two hours of the afternoon. It's tough to focus in three-hour blocks. At least I finished with plenty of time, although on the actual exam I would go back and go over stuff.

Actually, saying that the concentration part was toughest isn't quite true; the exam was really fucking hard, too. I'm sure there were plenty of questions that had I been able to concentrate I still would've gotten wrong. Anyway, so it goes. One month and two days until it starts. That means one month and three days until it's all over. Good thing because I'm starting to lose it.

(Hey, don't you love the title of this post? Hint: AI)

4 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to recall the national average on the practice last year was in the low 100's.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Average is about a 107. I'm not sure I would go to the 2 day answer session, it is not very helpful. Some are better than others, but you may be better off grading yourself and if you need help in a particular subject, just go to that lecture.

What is the raw score needed to pass Florida?

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger X said...

Keep your head up SomeGuy. I've been venting all week after those crazy @$$ contracts problems. It's ridiculous how you practice and these practice questions manage to cover the one area you haven't gone over yet.

I have to put in some serious work on my essay writing. I can identify the rules but I'm still overlooking relevant facts and even the occasional issue. I've been mainly outlining. I really don't like writing essays but it's better to practice now than later. The writing is completely different from law school.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Liney said...

I spoke with some people who took the practice exam. They said it was more intricate than they expected. I guess I'd rather be overly scared now - than in a month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home