Thursday, June 21, 2007

where did they come from?

I have to point out something unusual that I've noticed in the law library over the past few days. Lately there has been a massive influx of Asian people on the second floor. If you're reading this blog and you don't go to school here, you might not think this is anything noteworthy. But it is.

See, Miami has a miniscule Asian population. I think there were three Asians in our graduating class (of over 400 people). I can name three. There may have been a few more but I don't know.
You rarely see Asian people around campus. It's a fact. For whatever reason, there is virtually no Asian community here.

Now all of a sudden, you can't walk five feet on the second floor without bumping into an Asian person. It's strange. Where did they come from? What are they doing here? (I couldn't tell what they were studying but none of them are studying law books). Do they know that when there are 12 Asian people on the second floor of the library that makes the second floor of the law library the largest concentration of Asian people in Miami-Dade County? I don't know.

Notice that this is just an observation. I'm not trying to imply anything one way or the other about the Asian folks.

(p.s. If this post bores you, well, it's too bad. I've got nothing and I'm sick of blogging about the bar exam (and I'm also sick of the bar exam, but that's another story.).

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright... here's a non-bar related comment, sort of. My female study partner commented to me about how all of the women in the BarBri program are hot. She said it must be good for me, but expressed disappointment that the guys were only "average".

I had to agree about the women, the hot to slightly less than hot ratio was staggering. Every woman there was at least above average looking.

I bring this up because my law school had almost zero above average looking women. And your comment about there being none and then a lot of something triggered that thought.

So the legal world is apparently full of hot female lawyers and "average" looking male lawyers.

This has been a public service announcement. Please contact your local law school or BarBri lecture for results in your area.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger some guy said...

Nice. I'm guessing you're not in Miami.

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be undergrads studying for the MCAT?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home