Thursday, July 19, 2007

i'm not hungry

So the law school provides a free lunch during both days of the bar for people who went here. I think that's good because the PMBR lady was talking about bringing a sandwich and hiding it in your pocket or driving somewhere for lunch. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. The last thing I want to worry about is stuffing a sandwich in my pocket and hiding it from the authorities who apparently strip search you on the way in (OK, not quite a strip search but the list of what you can't bring in is long).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. But I started thinking about how our school puts no effort into planning and spends no time thinking through the consequences of its actions and almost never considers the students when it makes plans, so I was wondering what they'll serve. I'm guessing:
(a) a giant pot of five-alarm chili
(b) black beans and rice with a side of greasy fried plantains or
(c) turkey with a side of pasta, maybe with some white bread for those who need more simple carbs.
(update (d) just to make sure we all feel right at home: subway sandwiches!)

Maybe if they serve (a) or (b) people from our school will have the advantage after lunch because everyone else will be so grossed out by the after effects...

10 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Liney said...

Our school does lunch too - I don't wanna be crammed in there with everyone, but I guess it's better than braving the roads. I might make it back for the second half... might

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

knowing them it will probably something really spicy/salty and there will be nothing to drink....

or, if the "breakfasts" over the last 3 years are any indicator, there will be enough for maybe 17 ppl....

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger SuperBee said...

This is a really funny post. I didn't know you did funny. Five Alarm Chili... Turkey and Pasta. Hilarious.

If I remember correctly, it's like a buffet... I want to say sandwiches (turkey, natch) and maybe some pasta... and carrot sticks? So your assessment is, for the most part, correct. Get ready to fall asleep!

It was pretty gnarly. I popped my head in and looked, but my BFF's parents live in Tampa, so Sherry zoomed us over bagged lunch.

And you can bring hershey's kisses in your bag, don't let them fool you, they're not that strict re: food. And if they give you a hard time, tell them you're a diabetic.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

unrelated comment...

have you tried these 30?

http://www.ncbex.org/uploads/user_docrepos/MBE_IB2007_01.pdf

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger some guy said...

haven't tried them, triallawyer. what did you think? maybe i'll try them tuesday night?

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping you had, i dont understand #29.

I got 24/30 i thought they were about a range of 5ish to 8ish in difficulty.

they reminded me of a real mix of barbri and pmbr in terms of fact patterns (barbri - long and lots of extra fact) and answer choices (PMBR easy to eliminate 2 and have 2 left that make you go hmmmmm)

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year it was buffet-style. Cold cuts, cheese, etc. Frankly, I thought it was not that great. I picked at everything-- enough to not be hungry, but it really wasn't much of a meal. I wouldn't recommend leaving the convention center, though. It will likely be hot as hell and you'll be fighting with the downtown lunch crowd to get anything. I also wouldn't want to leave in my car and risk losing my parking spot. You should tell the Dean that next year they should have Wright's Gourmet House do the catering. Scores would go up, I promise.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A" is wrong for 29 (I assume that's what you chose) because Aaron never had a vested right to the land. When his father conveyed it to him, he did so using a condition precedent. The outlines only discuss conditions subsequent and the like, but using common sense, if there is a condition precedent to taking the land, the grantee will not have a vested right until that condition is satisfied. Thus, Owen, the father who is also still alive, still held the property in fee simple and Aaron had no right to oust Brian. Pretty tricky!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger The Law said...

thanx anon, i re-read the Q about 20 times and then on the 20th time i realized that the cond pre. was the key...

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger some guy said...

I did the first 10 of those but had to stop because it was hurting my eyes. The font is even smaller and blurrier than that stupid PMBR blue book. Or maybe the printer I used on the 3rd floor is low on toner. Anyway I got 9 out of 10 of those first 10 so I'm happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home