Tuesday, July 31, 2007

moving on

I've never liked moving. Growing up, I moved every couple of years. Moving just sucks.

But I think packing and moving was actually good for me this time. It kept me busy thinking about something other than the bar exam. It's also kind of like a catharsis, a housecleaning, a fresh start. When I get back from Japan in a couple of weeks it will be to a new house in a new city and I will have no reason to think about the bar exam. Granted, I only moved 40 miles from my old place, so the we're in the same metro area, but it may as well be a different planet. (Those who live or have lived here will know what I'm talking about.).

Today I unpacked a box that was full of BarBri books and my massive stack of flashcards. I spent about two minutes flipping through the flashcards and each time I got a new one I knew it cold. I mean I really knew this stuff. And yet I still felt the way I felt after the exam. Anyway, the flashcards went into a hiding place (just in case, unfortunately) and the BarBri books went back in the box so I can ship them back after the trip.

If I blog again in the next couple of days it will be from Japan. And I know I won't be able to think about the bar exam while I'm in Japan because, well, you know, I'll be in Japan and I'll be too busy eating Japanese food and drinking Japanese beer and sake and stuff...

3 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Christa said...

hey you! congrats on finishing. have fun in japan! it'll be a good, well-deserved break for you.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you moving to broward or WPB?

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Liney said...

Ugh - I'm jealous. Enjoy! Drink some saki for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home