Wednesday, July 04, 2007

not so advanced

Are BarBri's advanced problems too hard, too unrepresentative of the actual exam? I've heard people say that. I don't know. It seems to me that you're going to get a handful of those advanced type questions on the real thing but you're not going to get 20-30 questions like that. I understand the logic of doing them - if you can ace the advanced questions you can obviously do the easy ones. But does that mean I shouldn't do the easy ones at all? I don't know. Just keep plugging away.

**
By the way, check out the comment section to yesterday's post. Apparently PMBR has given different answers to the same question (no. 21 in evidence the gray book from the 6-day and no. 179 in the big red book in evidence). If anyone can figure this out, let me know. I might call their office next week (busy tomorrow and Friday with the FL practice exam and review session) and demand an explanation. We're paying too much money for this. How the fuck are we supposed to learn anything if questions have two different answers? Stupid PMBR. Stupid bar exam.

**
I think my head is going to explode. I did some multistate questions this morning and have been doing FL questions all day. I can't concentrate at all. You can only spend so much time going over the same questions again and again. I had a good day on practice essays and was hit or miss on multiple choice. I think I've done just about every multiple choice question in the two yellow books. I'm saving the two practice FL exams for next week or the week after - actually probably one next week and one the following week. I wish they gave us more questions. I never thought I'd say that. And some of the FL answers are weak. Actually most of them are pathetic. They don't go far enough in explaining the answers.

6 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been refraining from saying this for your last couple posts, because everyone has their own pace and needs, but I feel compelled to do so.

I'm just trying to look out for a fellow UM law alum when I say that I think you might be studying to a point where it becomes destructive.

Your brain (just like any muscle, in physical training) needs time to rest so that you can absorb the information. Please relax and let things soak in. Breathe a few times. Watch a stupid movie one night (or every night). Step away from the material when you find yourself cursing at PMBR for one mistake out of 2000 questions.

(By the way, this is intended to be helpful, not snide.)

Take a walk, tone it down some, you will feel immensely more confident, and the information will sink in. Don't let the exam swallow you. It is doable, and you are perfectly capable of passing without going overboard.

We're not supposed to "peak" until the bar exam. Good luck!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger some guy said...

I know I need to relax. It's hard for me to relax now. I was actually somewhat calm about the whole thing until about two weeks ago. I'm definitely NOT peaking right now, that's for sure.

I actually do take breaks. I work out every morning. I watch Baseball Tonight on ESPN 4-5 times a week before bed. I eat dinner with my wife almost every night. I blog.

It's just that I'd never be able to live with myself if I failed and I didn't put in as much time as possible.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

started the PMBR Q's, I feel like they are alot easier than the BarBri ones. (torts at least, its the only section i've done in PMBR) the questions really follow the exact fact pattern as cases from 1L case books and there are no real hidden issues that I have seen.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the passage rate for UM? Isn't it in the high 80s?

You'll do fine -- At least you're not taking the CA bar....

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger SuperBee said...

You need to chill a bit.

Seriously.

You're overthinking and overworking. You don't need to get an "A," you need to get a "D."

And you don't get a prize for getting the best score on the bar.

Also, if I may, you really should stay in Tampa the night after the bar. I know you want to go home, but you'll be dangerous on the road. Stay in Tampa.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger some guy said...

79-86 percent passage from UM over the past few years. 86 was last year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home