Friday, July 13, 2007

PMBR, 3-day

Wow. That PMBR test was brutal. No, that's an understatement. It was impossible. While I was doing the last 100 questions I basically narrowed about 90 percent of them down to either A, B, C or D. Yeah, I know. (In case you're reading this and not studying for the bar there is no E, F, G or H). That sucked. The entire afternoon I couldn't stop telling myself that I was in the process of ruining my life by failing the bar exam. I always have a problem staying focused - random thoughts pop in and out of my brain at the worst times - and I started thinking about what career I could pursue if I didn't pass the bar exam. That's just stupid. I know it's not the real thing, but it was so demoralizing. Driving home I was angry and depressed about the whole thing (although I just graded it and let's just say I'm in the ballpark of the national average so it actually wasn't as terrible as I thought).

Here's the most frustrating part - when this is over next Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. I can honestly say that I did all I could. There was nothing else I could have done. Could I have studied a few more hours a day? On some days, sure. But not really because 14-hour days are wasted on me. I did all I could do. process nothing after a certain point. Maybe I need a prescription for adderal or something if I fail. I had a family crisis earlier in late May and as awful as that was, it has stabilized and I am incredibly lucky that it happened in May and early June as opposed to now, and also lucky that my family completely understood what I was going through and kept telling me to focus on myself rather than the crisis. I'm getting off topic. The point is that maybe I could have added a total of 10-15 additional hours over the 2-3 weeks that the crisis was in full swing. But again, it was the last week of May and the first two weeks of June. And I still studied a full day every day, keeping up with the BarBri paced program and even doing more on my own.

Bottom line is that realistically there wasn't much else I could do. So, yeah, there you have it. I am actually looking forward to the review of the exam tomorrow. I know it's sick but it breaks up the monotony of sitting on my ass all day doing problems and then reviewing them, know what I mean? I wonder if I should do questions on my own after the review? Probably not. Probably do a few hours of FL at night. I can't wait for this to be over. I thought the day I got the results would be the best day but walking out of that exam room might make me even happier.

End of incoherent, ramble. Rest for a little while longer and then do some essays tonight...

4 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a lobotomy would have been less excruciating. I concur with your last post about the "fucking savages." The stomping is rather childish ... can't wait for their antics the next 2 days.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up about the simulated exam. You'll learn tomorrow that, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the most difficult), the questions in the PMBR books are of 5, 6, and 7 difficulty, but all of the questions on the simulated exam were 8, 9, and 10. The average score on that exam is only 95 out of 200. You probably did much better than you think.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone compare the PMBR 3-Day exam (level of difficulty) with BarBri's Advanced Q's and the PMBR Red v. Blue Book. Need to know where to focus my time this last week - might as well handle (and study the explanations for) the hard ones.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger some guy said...

I think PMBR 3-day is about as hard as the BarBri advanced but probably slightly less difficult (I'm not sure.) PMBR's 3-day is definitely harder than PMBR's red and blue book. I don't see any difference in level of difficulty from the PMBR red and blue book but I'd do the blue book because it has better explanations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home