Monday, July 16, 2007

this is nice, but how about sending my diploma

Did you get this e-mail today? Wonderful. This is your reward for $100,000 and all that hard work: A free transcript! It's almost embarrassing that they make it sound like a reward. Here's an idea - how about sending me my diploma instead?


Congratulations on the successful completion of your degree. We trust that your experience at the University of Miami was a positive one and will afford you a solid base for your future achievements.

My staff in the Office of the Registrar will gladly continue to serve your records-related needs as an alumnus of the University of Miami. Upon receipt of this email, you are now eligible for a free transcript containing your final grades and degree notation along with honors you received at the time of graduation. Previous requests do not apply.

To request your free transcript, please go to www.miami.edu/myum. Go to “My Academic Records” and choose “Order Transcripts”. Then simply check the box indicating you would like to use your free transcript. Fill out the entire form, including the address to which you would like the transcript sent. You may send your transcript to an address other than your own.

Best wishes in all your future endeavors.

Scott Ingold
Associate Vice President for
Enrollment Management and Registrar

4 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got that email about 3 weeks ago, and my diploma over a week ago. But, I am not taking the FL bar. They prioritize certifying transcripts for people not taking the FL bar because of the different deadlines.

By the way, the diploma is very ugly and plain.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, I wrote Mr. Ingold an email politely suggesting that for $100k in tuition we should be able to get our transcripts sent out for free. He did write back, and said he would bring up the suggestion at the next meeting.

And in other good news, I got a job offer today!! So at least that's one more UM grad with an actual decent job lined up.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger some guy said...

I tried replying but it bounced back. I guess you went and looked up his e-mail address. Congrats on the job offer!

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. Do you get only one? Are they $19.99 each after your freebie?

Reminds me ... at the university where I teach, a recent letter summarizing my BENEFITS included access to COIN-OPERATED xeroxing. Woohoo, I have the benefit of paying for my work expenses with my own coins!

- Sister-in-law

 

Post a Comment

<< Home