Friday, August 24, 2007

better things to do

So a couple of nights ago a friend of mine, now a 3L, calls me. He has the same position I had last year in the one non-class related law school activity that I was involved with. He had a fairly straightforward question. I was happy to answer. I answered. That was the end of the conversation. But afterwards when I thought about how much work this activity involved, I thought to myself, "Thank God I'm no longer involved in this, thank God I graduated from law school." I don't want to be reading casebooks and listening to professors drone on and worrying about stupid rules like being required to brief cases or attendance requirements or reading stuff I don't want to be reading. Of course, I realize in three months when I'm working long hours (and reading stuff I don't want to be reading and briefing (or highlighting) cases) and wishing I could come home and take a nap, or missing my three-day weekends, or when I have about 10 minutes total during the day to play around online instead of three hours a day, I might feel differently. For now though, yeah, I'm glad I'm done with law school.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger X said...

Yeah, I think it's common to romanticize the past and take the present for granted. I hope that doesn't happen but it's happened before to me. I am so psyched about my friends passing the bar exam.
-laughs- Man, I still have a long time to wait.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"School is bad, work is worse."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home