Thursday, August 23, 2007

Did I miss something

So I'm reading Grand Poobah's blog and the comments to this post and apparently he's starting to study for the bar exam again, despite having just taken it and being 85 days away from getting results. Although his rationale sounds logical, I'm floored. Is this a California thing? Something you only do if you went to an unaccredited law school in California? (I think I read something over the summer about him taking the "Baby Bar" which as far as I know is only for those who go to unaccredited California law schools, but I'm not sure. In any case, I mean no disrespect by suggesting he went to an unaccredited school).

Do people from our school start studying too, just in case? Am I missing something? This seems strange. I have no better idea today than I did on July 25 as to whether I passed, but I'll be damned if I'll start studying. If I failed I'll look at my BarBri schedule from the summer and count backward from the date of the February bar, and then start studying again at that time. I think that would be about two weeks before X-mas because I think the bar is at the end of February but I haven't even looked up the date. Why would I? As I wrote several times before, by the day of the exam I knew the law. I knew it. I did. This is fact. If I failed it's because despite having done 2,000 or more questions, I couldn't figure out what the hell the questions and answers were saying.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger X said...

I feel I had a good understanding of the law because I was able to issue spot and identify the key facts. Using all the key facts in my analysis is the only weakness I can foresee. I can't study right now. No way.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Liney said...

The thought makes my stomach turn... ugh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home