Sunday, November 18, 2007

some things never change

So I was wasting time on line the other day and I happened to check the law school career services jobs database. I'm not dissatisfied with my job, but I just wanted to see what was out there. Approximately 90 percent of the jobs are for an organization called Idealist.org, which if you check its web site seems to be a public interest clearinghouse type place. It looks like a Craigslist type of site for non-profits. So maybe some things do change - maybe the career services office has actually gotten worse. At least before I graduated they weren't re-posting jobs from Craigslist...

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey someguy--did you take the bar exam on your laptop or did you handwrite it? Why did you choose the way you did? Any recommendations for future test takers?

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger some guy said...

I used a laptop. I did it because I hate writing on paper and can't understand how anyone writes on paper. On a laptop you can cut and paste and move stuff around to make it sound better and add and delete and go back and change stuff.

That said, everyone has a different style so do whatever works. After three years of law school you should know which type of exam you prefer (we weren't allowed laptops our first year so I took both). Here in Florida there were no technical issues but I guess New York had serious problems recovering laptop essays according to Above the Law

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home