Saturday, January 26, 2008

out to lunch

So my new office is downtown, unlike my old firm, which was a standalone building up north. It's nice to have options to get lunch. Unfortunately, one of the restaurants in the little area right by my building (across from the Federal Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale, for those who care), is Subway. I'm on a three-year self-ban from Subway, so I have about two and a half years until I can get another six-inch sub.

Another is Dunkin' Donuts, and I don't really like to eat donuts for lunch. The other is called Daily Squeeze, which is good but charges ELEVEN FUCKING DOLLARS FOR A SANDWICH. It wins awards every year from one of the local papers, but I'll be damned if I'm paying that much for a sandwich at a deli. Hey, don't get me wrong, I have good taste in food and I love a sandwich on good bread with nice toppings beyond the usual lettuce and tomato and tasteless cheese. But $11? I don't think so. Once I got a smoothie from that place. They have one kind of smoothie and when you ask what's in it, they just say "everything." I've asked a few different times and get the same answer every time. I'm suspicious, although it's tasty. The problem is that it's $5 and doesn't fill me up.

The other restaurant is a salad place which seemed good a couple of times until I ate there and then became violently ill before taking the Southern District exam.

I realize there are about 25 more places within a 10-minute walk, but I'm just talking about the places adjacent to my building.

**
I know this post is utterly useless. This blog became irrelevant long ago. I have actually been doing a little writing on the side for a friend's web site and I have another blog (just pictures of my beautiful daughter!) so if anyone has any suggestions for what I should write about, let me know...

3 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Christa said...

you must have forgotten to invite me to your new sites.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger The Law said...

congrats on the new digs. i used to work at 350 east las olas, there are places right around there to grab food there you might want to check out, its only 2 blocks from you...

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Ditto to what Christina said...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home