Saturday, February 18, 2006

blah blah blah

I know, I know, not much blogging lately. Sorry. But in fairness to me, there just isn’t much to say (if anyone wants to be a guest blogger, let me know…although that didn’t work too well last semester when the Lawfool did some guest blogging…I mean it worked great when he posted here but then there was that little dustup between he and I and, um, well, let's not get into that again and he was gone. ... Meantime, where is the ol' 'fool? He hasn't blogged in two months. Here's hoping he hasn't frozen to death in his first real winter.)

So, here goes:

*I never use this particular men’s room but a reader of this blog was kind enough to point out to me that one of the urinals in the bathroom on the first floor of the library has been busted for two weeks now. Surprise! More problems with the bathrooms.

*I finally got my class rank in the mail on Saturday. (Why does all correspondence from the school come to my current address, but the law registrar mails my class rank to my old address? Wouldn’t you think they would get the address from the same place the rest of the school gets my address? Strange.) There are only 18 fewer people in our class (399) than there were after last year. I guess this kills my theory about all the people transferring. Or maybe it doesn’t because I know some people transfer in to this school. So I guess we’ll never know how many people transferred out.

*Only three weeks of school until spring break. This is a good thing. But then it means not too many weeks left until it’s time to start studying. I mean time to start studying a lot more.

*OCI starts bidding on Monday. Of all the companies listed as of right now, I’m eligible (or interested in) a total of two. Great. Yup. I should have no problem getting a job through OCI. No problem at all. Um, right. Sure.

*Yes, I know it's Saturday night and I'm sitting at home blogging. So what?

7 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Blogger Christa said...

hey! i'm home on a saturday night blogging, too! but not just blogging. we're talking epic novel here. we're talking a two day post.

if only i could harness my blog energy. ...

and i wanna know your class rank.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you've had problems with neighbors in the past, I was wondering how you'd handle this situation:

I have been living in the same condo since August 2004. This past Saturday and Sunday I have been awakened at 6:30 in the morning by my neighbors' blaring music. It appears that his speakers are literally right next to my headboard. This is the first time this has happened during my residence here. Both mornings I went downstairs and contacted the conceriege. Both times the conceriege has called my neighbor on his phone and got the answering machine. Both times I have pounded on my neighbors' door and no one came. The conceriege suggested that I write a letter to the condo board (I don't know how much good that's going to do). The weird part is that the music stops at 6:50. I have contemplated writing my neighbor a letter letting him know that if it happens again I'll call the police (Problem 1: I don't know if my neighbor speaks English; Problem 2: I don't know if my neighbor is home; Problem 3: The police won't do anything).

I find it odd that all of a sudden this problem with my neighbor arose. Any suggestions?

P.S. law school is awfully boring right now and no one has anything interesting to say so don't feel bad about your lack of topics.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger some guy said...

Well if you live in coral gables, call the cops. They respond quickly to these things.

(It sounds like a violation of the noise ordinance. You can look up the city's noise ordinance on line.)

Maybe he's dead and his alarm is set for 6:30 a.m.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Christa said...

i want to respond too. i think someguy is right. it's his alarm clock and he's not home. drop him a note and tell him to turn it off when he isn't going to be around.

don't call the cops. that's a cop out. hee hee.

i think i'm gonna hang out with the future laywers more often.

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Follow up:

Monday morning: 6:30 AM; no music.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger some guy said...

nice. and i'm glad you posted here almost immediately after you woke up! but did you do anything to make it stop?

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I didn't do anything to make it stop, it just magically happended.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home